Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings"

I have to be honest. I freakin love buffalo wings. When I started to really limit my meat intake, I think wings were one of the treats I missed the most, and I still give into temptation sometimes. This wonderful alternative of buffalo cauliflower really does satisfy the craving for warm, spicy, crunch dipped in a creamy sauce. It will not disappoint!

Buffalo Cauliflower
1 head cauliflower
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 cup butter (use coconut oil for vegan version)
2 tablespoons hot sauce of choice

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Break down the head of cauliflower into bite size short stem florets.. Mix the flour garlic powder, pepper, and water together to create a simple batter. If the batter looks thin, add a bit more flour until thick enough to drip very slowly off a spoon. Dredge the  cauliflower in the flour and water mixture to thoroughly coat each piece before placing  on a cookie sheet. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes.


While the cauliflower is baking, you can make your sauce. Melt the 1/4 cup of butter into a bowl and combine with your hot sauce of choice. I used Annie Sharpe's Belizean hot sauce for half and sriracha for the other half. They were both delicious, so I think you can't go wrong throwing whatever sauce you like together with a bunch of butter.

Remove the cauliflower from the oven and let cool until you can pick it up. Spoon the hot sauce and butter mixture over each piece until covered generously. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment